WLOL Proposal Page
Thank you for bringing a new light to our attention
Required information includes:
- Exact WGS84 (aka GPS) coordinates in decimal format of the light (within 10 meters is easily possible now),
- The well known name of the light you are proposing
- Any other names the light may be known by (more common than you might think),
- Government publication, list, chart, etc.,
- Light Description: Height, color, markings, light characteristics, type of construction, etc.,
- Adjacent Buildings and/or landmarks,
- List of web sites featuring this light,
- State/Province if applicable,
- Country (by name or by ARLHS prefix (DEN, USA, etc.),
- Your name and, if applicable, callsign
- Your contact information (email is the simplest),
- Statement suggesting this light will support an amateur radio station for transmitting and receiving. Note: this requirement is waived for demolished and extinct lights.
Please have the above information ready before starting the process.