ARLHS USA-223 Light
Copyright 2009 KD3CQ
|A temporary light (USA-1361) was placed on the west end of a new breakwater placed near Lewes, DE in the Delaware Bay, but was removed in 1849 when the 1 & 1/2-story wood frame lighthouse constructed beside it was activated.|
The new light, USA-223, became the front range light pair w/ USA-1013 range rear light in 1881.
The concrete blocks seen here on the breakwater are debris from the USA-223 foundation.
Dan KD3CQ #979